Greetings all! I have been nominated for the ‘Liebster Awards’ by the very sweet Sarah at Forever Aspiring Writer. (If you like books and music and movies you should hop on over and give her a visit; she reviews all of those!) Thank ya Sarah! ❤
But wait! you say. If it’s called the Liebster Award, what is with your long title? It barely fit in the subject line of the email I got.
Dear followers, I am so glad you asked. Me being me, I like to know what words mean. So I Googled “liebster meaning.” Apparently, liebster is of German origin. The definition is as follows: sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Upon reading this interesting tidbit, I decided that instead of titling my post “Liebster Awards” I would title it with it’s definition instead. Hence the result. Long title; it’s definitely a mouthful. I probably can’t even say it from memory. Maybe liebster is a better term. Oh well.
Okay okay, enough of the rambling. What’s going to happen is this: Sarah has asked 10 questions that I will answer. Afterwards, I’ll write my own set of questions and then nominate some other bloggers to answer those! But first I must post the rules, as posting the rules is part of the rules. 😉
Liebster Award Rules
Answer the nominating blogger’s ten question interview
Nominate 3-10 other bloggers with fewer than 3,000 followers whom you want to encourage
Create 10 questions for the new nominees
Cool, now that we got that squared away, shall we continue? 🙂
1. If you had to change your name, what would you rename yourself?
Hmmm…this is an interesting question. I really like the name Ella. (Which wouldn’t be that big a change from my name now! Emma, Ella. Haha.) That might be due to my never-ending love to the Gail Carson Levine story Ella Enchanted, but pfft, it’s so pretty. Simple, yet beautiful! I’ll go with Ella.
2. If you cook, what’s your favorite dish to make?
To be honest, I bake more than I cook. I’ll whip ya up a batch of cookies or brownies in no time and I have the Wilton buttercream frosting recipe memorized. Baking is sweet and yummy. I’m not saying cooking doesn’t have delicious results, but generally Mama’s in charge of the cooking department and I bring along the snacky-sweet things. But, because I’m not answering the question and I should probably do that, I will say that chicken alfredo or cheesy chicken lasagna is my favorite thing to make. I have made that before. Yummmm. I could live off the stuff!
Just for the record, chicken alfredo and cheesy chicken lasagna are about the same thing. If I say one, I mean I’m open to either. Only difference is one goes straight from pot to plate and the other into a 9×13 and bakes for a while. 😉 (Hey mum, doesn’t that sound good for supper sometime this week? *hint hint*)
3. If you could own any animal as a pet, what would you choose?
…can I have three? If so…a river otter, a sea otter, and a manatee please!
4. Would you rather have ice cream on a hot day, or hot chocolate on a cold day?
Ice cream on a hot day please! Right now some twist ice cream with sprinkles sounds yummy! (Even though it’s clearly hot chocolate weather out, lol!)
5. What’s your favorite color to wear?
Goodness gracious, I don’t know! Anything with color. I love color and colorful things. I love the color blue and the color purple–one of those, perhaps? Or I really like my red shirt. My pink sweater? Wait. No. I really like to wear my…well, we’ll just stick with “anything with color”. It seems that would be the best answer for now until I’m able to make up my mind.
6. Do you prefer feeling bored with nothing to do, or feeling busy with so much to do?
Ahh! I enjoy having things to do…but it’s discouraging to know you don’t have enough time to do everything you want to do. Which begs the question…which one would I rather have? I guess I’ll go with “feeling busy with so much to do”.
7. Has a book ever made you cry?
Yessssss. There was one book where someone died, and it came as a complete shock and surprise to me, I could not help it! I really liked that character, and then she was gone?! The sorrows of being a bookworm.
8. How many years do you imagine your blog will be running from now?
I really have no idea, to be honest! I enjoy blogging because I enjoy talking and meeting all you nice people. And because I love to make people smile and laugh by telling you my stories and thoughts on things. Until Jesus tells me it’s time to stop, then I guess I’ll keep it a’goin’!
9. Chess or checkers?
I’m getting better at chess, so we’ll choose that one.
10. If you were granted a pair of wings, what would you want them to look like? XD
I’ve always thought it would be fun to fly! My wings would have to be colorful–like a rainbow, perhaps? Purple and blue and green and orange and pink and then add some glitter in there for good measure. As far as shape goes, I’d rather not have wings like a dragonfly. I like the look of monarch butterfly-shaped wings better. 😀
There, I’m done now! What did you guys think of my answers? How would YOU answer the questions? 😀 Choose a few and comment your answer below; I’d love to hear from you!
And now let me finish out the post by nominating people and writing some Q’s out for them. 🙂
I hereby nominate…
My questions for those people I hereby nominated…
- Would you rather go on a cruise or a safari?
- What is your favorite thing to do outside?
- What is your favorite thing to do inside?
- What is one food you just do not like, no matter how many times to you try it?
- On the flip side of things, what is your absolute-toppity-top favorite food?
- If you could chose a different era to live in (e.g. Bible times, colonial, 1950’s etc) what would you choose?
- Do you like history or science better?
- Everyone has that one song that always gets stuck in their head–what’s yours?
- Favorite Disney movie? (Or any other cartoon, if you don’t like Disney)
- Finally, the last question: Do you like to have your socks matching, or are they different colors/patterns?
Aaaaaand done. That’s all for me, folks. Thanks so much for reading, and don’t forget to comment too, if you wanna chat! Until the next time, my wonderful followers. 🙂